Monthly Discipleship Nugget
Discipleship Is Three Fold
II Tim. 2:2; Matthew 28:18-20
Jesus first called His disciples to be with Him (Mark 3:14).
- We will never reach genuine converts for Christ until we have an intimate relationship with Him.
- Jesus said, follow me and I will make you fishers of men (Matt. 4:19).
- Start your day by spending time in prayer and in the Word, confess sin and ask God to fill you
with His Spirit.
- It is important that you teach convert how to have an intimate relationship with God
- Teach him how to have a quiet time.
Evangelism (Reaching the lost)
Here, you learn and teach convert how to share his faith with the lost.
- Do it quickly while he is excited about his new found faith and zealous about telling others and
challenging them to come to Christ.
What do you build?
A. Character will develop as a result of experimental knowledge.
- Transformation into the image of Christ is the goal
B. As he grows in stages (or levels) through obedience to the Word of God.
- He will transform more and more into the image of God (II Cor. 3:18)
Here, you want to train and equip them in how to make disciples.
Dr. Ron Ballard
Passionate about discipleship and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, Dr. Ballard's Monthly Discipleship Nugget News Letter is designed to inform, encourage, and equip all believers for the work of discipleship.